PHARMACEUTICALS AND HEALTHCARE
Lawyers specialized in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector
The regulation of the “Ley del Medicamento” and the needs of pharmaceutical companies in the area of industrial property, especially the registration of trademarks and the obtaining of patents, constitute a large part of the legal advice needs of companies in this sector.
Our firm has been linked to the world of intellectual property (IP) for more than 40 years. Our managing partner José Luis Casajuana Espinosa started as a lawyer in the prestigious patent and trademark firm PONS before founding JL Casajuana Abogados. Hence, our trajectory has always gone hand in hand with the progress and development of intellectual property, a field in which we have advised some of the most relevant clients that this firm has had.
We have also assisted clients with problems related to the healthcare industry. Among our achievements, our partner Gustavo López Muñoz y Larraz obtained the largest compensation awarded in Spain for a medical malpractice matter.
To solve all the needs of companies in the pharmaceutical and health sector requires a team of lawyers with specialists in different areas. Our multidisciplinary organization sectioned by departments allows for this:
This is a highly regulated sector, subject to national and community regulations. From our administrative law department we assist in obtaining licenses and authorizations relevant to each case.
A multidisciplinary team at your service:
WE HELP YOU FROM OUR CIVIL, COMMERCIAL AND TAX DEPARTMENT.
- Advice on intellectual property and industrial property matters. Patents and trademarks. Conflicts of confusion of trademarks and distinctive signs.
- Advice on corporate matters and secretary of the board of directors. Drafting of minutes, attendance to general meetings.
- Drafting contracts and advising on negotiations with customers, partners and suppliers (franchise, concession, supply, agency, etc.).
- Competition law.
- Insolvency proceedings.
- Advising on mergers, spin-offs and acquisitions of companies and concessionaires, joint venture agreements and corporate restructuring.
- Advice on the tax impact of corporate transactions and transfer pricing.
- Advice on consumer and user matters.
- Claims to suppliers.
- Product liability.
- Advice on data protection, file registration, security documents, consumer complaints, etc.
WE HELP YOU FROM THE ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
- Advice on obtaining administrative licenses and sectorial authorizations.
- Advice on environmental matters.
- Advice on sanctioning procedures against the administration.
- Advice on obtaining public subsidies.
- Defense against the administration in administrative claims and before the contentious-administrative courts.
WE HELP YOU WITH LEGAL PROBLEMS
- Drafting of lawsuits, answering lawsuits, complaints, appeals and other legal briefs for the defense of our clients before the courts of justice and arbitration tribunals.
- Claims against partners, liability claims against administrators, challenge of corporate resolutions, claim of information and accounting documentation, etc.
- Claims in consumer and user matters.
- Appeals of sanctions by public administrations.
- Assistance in proceedings before the courts of first instance.
- Assistance in proceedings before the contentious-administrative courts.
- Assistance in proceedings before labor courts.
- Assistance in proceedings before the commercial courts.
- Assistance in proceedings before the courts of first instance and criminal courts.
WE HELP YOU FROM THE INSURANCE DEPARTMENT
- Claim of indemnities against insurance companies derived from accidents, such as explosions, fires, floods, accidents of any nature, etc.
- Claims for compensation against insurance companies derived from defective products.
WE HELP YOU FROM THE LABOR DEPARTMENT
- Advice on company-employee relations. Hiring, dismissals, modification of working conditions, geographical or functional mobilities, working time, disciplinary proceedings, wage system, social benefits, workers’ representatives, etc.
- Company restructurings, including negotiations in the event of collective layoffs or collective employment suspensions (ERE and ERTES), as well as layoffs due to duplication of positions.
- Collective bargaining. Advice on negotiations of collective bargaining agreements or changes in working conditions.
- Assistance in legal proceedings at all levels.
- Attendance at conciliations before official bodies.
- Assistance in administrative files.
- Assistance before the Labor and Social Security Inspection.
- Prevention of occupational hazards.
- Advice on social security matters.
We offer you a comprehensive advice to your legal problem. We are a multidisciplinary firm with expert lawyers in each area.
Publications on pharmaceuticals and health
Compensation for trademark infringement In this article we are going to study what amounts the owner of a trademark has the right
Expert report for those affected by iDental Muchos afectados de iDental tienen gran preocupación por obtener un informe pericial. Vamos a explicar