PHARMACEUTICAL AND HEALTH
The regulation of the “Medication Law” and the needs of pharmaceutical companies in the field of industrial property, especially the registration of trademarks and the obtaining of patents, constitute a large part of the legal advice needs of companies in this sector.
Our firm has been linked to the world of industrial and intellectual property (IP) for over 40 years. Our managing partner José Luis Casajuana Espinosa started as a lawyer in the prestigious PONS patent and trademark firm before founding JL Casajuana Abogados. Hence, our trajectory has always gone hand in hand with the progress and development of intellectual property, a matter in which we have advised part of the most relevant clients this office has had.
We have also assisted clients with problems related to the healthcare industry. Among our achievements, our partner Gustavo López Muñoz y Larraz obtained the highest compensation granted in Spain for a medical malpractice issue.
To solve all the needs of companies in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector, a team of lawyers with specialists in different areas is required. Our multidisciplinary organization sectioned by departments allows:
It is a tremendously regulated sector, subject to national and community regulations. From our administrative law department we assist in obtaining licenses and authorizations relevant to each case.
A multidisciplinary team at your service:
WE HELP YOU FROM THE CIVIL, COMMERCIAL AND TAX DEPARTMENT
- Advice on intellectual property and industrial property. Patents and trademarks. Conflicts of confusion of marks and distinctive signs.
- Advice on corporate matters and secretariat of the board of directors.
- Drafting of minutes, attendance at general meetings.
- Contract writing and negotiation advice with clients, partners and suppliers (franchise, concession, supply, agency, etc.).
- Competition Law
- Contests of creditors.
- Advice on mergers, divisions and acquisitions of companies and dealers, joint venture agreements and company restructuring.
- Advice on the fiscal impact of corporate operations and transfer prices.
- Advice on consumers and users.
- Claim to suppliers.
- Product Responsibility
- Advice on data protection, registration of files, security documents, consumer complaints, etc.
WE HELP YOU FROM THE ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
- Advice on obtaining administrative licenses and sector authorizations.
- Environmental advice.
- Advice on disciplinary procedures against the administration.
- Advice on obtaining public subsidies.
- Defense before the administration before claims by administrative route and before the courts of the administrative litigation.
WE HELP YOU WITH JUDICIAL PROBLEMS
- Drafting of claims, answering claims, complaints, appeals and other legal briefs for the defense of our clients before the courts of justice and arbitration courts.
- Claims against partners, liability claims against administrators, challenge of social agreements, claim of information and accounting documentation, etc.
- Claims on consumer and user issues.
- Resources of sanctions of public administrations.
- Assistance in proceedings before the courts of first instance.
- Assistance in proceedings before the courts of contentious-administrative.
- Assistance in proceedings before labor courts.
- Assistance in proceedings before the commercial courts.
- Assistance in proceedings before the courts of instruction and criminal matters.
WE HELP YOU FROM THE INSURANCE DEPARTMENT
- Compensation claim against insurers derived from claims, such as explosions, fires, floods, accidents of any nature, etc.
- Compensation claim against insurers derived from defective products.
WE HELP YOU FROM THE LABOR DEPARTMENT
- Advice on relations between company and employees. Hiring, dismissals, modification of working conditions, geographical or functional mobility, working time, disciplinary proceedings, salary system, social benefits, workers’ representatives, etc.
- Company restructuring, including negotiations in case of collective dismissals or collective employment suspensions (ERE and ERTES), as well as dismissals for duplicate positions.
- Collective negotiation. Advice on negotiations of collective agreements or changes in working conditions.
- Assistance in legal proceedings in all instances.
- Assistance to conciliations before official bodies.
- Assistance in administrative records.
- Assistance before the Labor and Social Security Inspection.
- Prevention of occupational hazards.
- Advice on social security.