The family business faces additional difficulties to any other company, as confrontations often arise between family members who manage the business with the personal problems that this entails. That is why our assistance as lawyers must meet the sensitivity that each case requires.
Since our foundation in 1976 we have been partakers of the growth of many family businesses, their birth and their transfer from one generation to another. Family businesses represent 89% of the private productive fabric in Spain, and have been the main subject in the development and modernization of this country’s economy.
To solve all the needs of the family business, a team of lawyers with specialists in different areas is required. Our multidisciplinary organization sectioned by departments allows:
We have experience in designing strategies for conflicts of partners in family businesses, claims against administrators, demands for challenges to agreements, and other actions in defense of one of the parties. Other times, we require advice on the sale of the business by the second or third generation of a family business. As lawyers we have participated in numerous processes of sale and joint ventures.
WE HELP YOU FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF MERCANTILE AND TAX
- Advice on corporate matters and secretariat of the board of directors.
- Drafting of minutes, attendance at general meetings.
- Strategies to force the exit of one of the partners or the purchase of a share of the shareholder.
- Drafting of contracts, agreements of partners and advice in the negotiation with clients, partners and suppliers.
- Planning for the succession of the business from one generation to the next due to advanced age, death or disability.
- Advice on mergers, divisions and acquisitions of companies and dealers, joint venture agreements and company restructuring.
- Advice on the fiscal impact of corporate operations and transfer prices.
- Claim to suppliers and customers.
- Advice on data protection, registration of files, security documents, consumer complaints, etc.
WE HELP YOU WITH JUDICIAL PROBLEMS
- Drafting of claims, answering claims, complaints, appeals and other legal briefs for the defense of our clients before the courts of justice and arbitration courts.
- Claims against partners, liability claims against administrators, challenge of social agreements, claim of information and accounting documentation, etc.
- Assistance in proceedings before the courts of first instance.
- Assistance in proceedings before the courts of contentious-administrative.
- Assistance in proceedings before labor courts.
- Assistance in proceedings before the commercial courts.
- Assistance in proceedings before the courts of instruction and criminal matters.
WE HELP YOU FROM THE INSURANCE DEPARTMENT
- Compensation claim against insurers derived from claims, such as explosions, fires, floods, accidents of any nature, etc.
- Compensation claim against insurers derived from defective products.
WE HELP YOU FROM THE LABOR DEPARTMENT
- Advice on relations between company and employees. Hiring, dismissals, modification of working conditions, geographical or functional mobility, working time, disciplinary proceedings, salary system, social benefits, workers’ representatives, etc.
- Company restructuring, including negotiations in case of collective dismissals or collective employment suspensions (ERE and ERTES), as well as dismissals for duplicate positions.
- Collective negotiation. Advice on negotiations of collective agreements or changes in working conditions.
- Assistance in legal proceedings in all instances.
- Assistance to conciliations before official bodies.
- Assistance in administrative records.
- Assistance before the Labor and Social Security Inspection.
- Prevention of occupational hazards.
- Advice on social security.
WE HELP YOU FROM THE ADMINISTRATIVE DEPARTMENT
- Advice on obtaining administrative licenses and sector authorizations.
- Environmental advice.
- Advice on disciplinary procedures against the administration.
- Advice on obtaining public subsidies.
- Defense before the administration before claims by administrative route and before the courts of the administrative litigation.